• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Export to Dimension from Substance Painter

Explorer ,
Jun 27, 2021 Jun 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Up to the latest version of Substance Painter there was an export preset that allowed me to paint my model in and then export it to Adobe Dimension.

The newest update has export to Stager but Dimension does everything I need so I did not include Stager in my subscription.

I tried to use export to Stager and the obj and textures were created to a folder but the obj would not open in Dimension. Is this a bug or has Dimension been crippled on purpose to force people into a subscription that includes Stager?

TOPICS
Bugs & Crashes , Discussion , Import & Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 28, 2021 Jun 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, indeed the Dimension export was replaced by the Stager export, but you still can export easily to Dimension by using the glTF export preset. This should provide a similar experience as the old Dimension export.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 28, 2021 Jun 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Jeremie.

I thought that was the case. The glTF export is similar but not the same as the maps are less detailed. If this is the case then I probably don't need Substance Painter any more as if I have to manually bring all my maps into Dimension I may as well use Quixel Mixer and save myself  $120 a year.

I know you are the messenger, but this is another unfortunate case at Adobe where marketing decisions drive user experience. As Creative Cloud subscriber since it became available, I have seen too many instances where products and workflows that I have been using are downgraded and become less functional so that I can be gouged for a few dollars more. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources