• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Feature request - Clone-stamping across different Texture Sets

New Here ,
Dec 12, 2021 Dec 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Someone mentioned this on the old Substance forums, and the Allegorithmic devs believed it could be in the works for future updates, but I don't believe it has been implemented yet. Since the old forums have been closed, I figured this would be a good place to suggest it again. Here is the link to that post:
https://forum.substance3d.com/index.php/topic,31149.msg119507/highlight,clone+stamp+from+another+tex...

To support this, I'd like to add that in a lot of cases, specifically with characters, artists will use two texture sets for their "skin" material. One for the body, and one for the head/face, in order to preserve as much facial detail as possible for high fidelity products/experiences. When painting skin details manually, this will almost always result in some sort of seam across the clavicle/lower chest area, and will be visible if the character happens to be shirtless or wearing low-cut clothing. Clone stamp would help exponentially for cleaning up seams like this. There are many other examples for where this feature would be useful, but I just figured skin seams on characters/creatures would be the most obvious.

TOPICS
Discussion

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?