Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers

[Feature Request] Looking to get support for 2nd UV channel

New Here ,
Mar 25, 2022 Mar 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a feature that most if not all environemnt artsits in the video game indsutry including myself have been looking to get since pretty much Substance Painter came out. 
The 2nd UV channel is widely used in most games across the industry and has been for years now. Current work around that we all have been doing is to copy the UVs from the 2nd UV channel into the first and then deleting the 2nd UV channel which is cumbersome. 

Additionally with a lot of things that use trim sheets for texture information as well as a 2nd UV channel for additinal texture information Painter could benefit from getting the information mapped to the 1st UV channel and applying it to 2nd UV channel masks. 

I could go on but there'd be a ton of use for this 2nd UV channel feature. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This would be useful!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have been wanting this for a long time as well. In its most primitive form, a simple implementation could look like a "UV channel selection" of which channel you wish to work with upon mesh import. This alone would save a huge amount of time and prevent the multiple mesh management workaround in OPs scenario. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources