• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Glitched mesh map bake

Community Beginner ,
Jul 02, 2021 Jul 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im new to Substance Painter so this might be a easy fix but I cant find it.

My baked mesh maps seem to get bugged every time I bake, I am Importing it from blender and I have tried the following

- Ensured both models are in the same position

- Recalculated Normals

- Applying a ShrinkWrap Modifier to the Low Poly mesh so it sticks to the high polymesh

TIA  🙂 

TOPICS
Baking , Import & Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jul 02, 2021 Jul 02, 2021

Your low poly mesh FBX has both the high and low inside which will cause you to load the Bow Mainframe LP and Bow Mainframe HP at the same time which overlaps. You want your low poly file to only contain the single version, then you load in the high poly under your baker tab.

Also the high poly file you provided is 100% the same as the low file, it has both versions inside the FBX.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without seeing more, or the meshes one can only guess. Check your UVs and make sure they're not overlapping.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

unknown_2021.07.02-20.54.pngFixing the UVs seems to Fix 90% of the problem but still some Artifacts are there any idea how to fix them?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would need to see your mesh files to check.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

here are the mesh files, thanks a lot!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Your low poly mesh FBX has both the high and low inside which will cause you to load the Bow Mainframe LP and Bow Mainframe HP at the same time which overlaps. You want your low poly file to only contain the single version, then you load in the high poly under your baker tab.

Also the high poly file you provided is 100% the same as the low file, it has both versions inside the FBX.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources