• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

help - multiple UDIMs not getting recognized?

Explorer ,
Jan 31, 2022 Jan 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a scene with a Road and a Wall on either side of the road.

For the road I made multiple UDIMs and it loads this correctly.

For the walls I did the same thing but for some reason when I load into Substance Painter it does not recognize the multiple UDIMs- why??  UDIMs_Maya.JPG

roadYay.JPGwallNo.JPG

TOPICS
UV Tiles

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 31, 2022 Jan 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

also why cant i post my OBJs here -_-

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 01, 2022 Feb 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Could you share more details on how you imported and did the set up for your project?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sure!  in substance i just do new scene and tick on the use multiple UDIMs.  I laod my road and it sees them but when I load my walls it does not, as screenshots show.  So I am confident the problem is in how I am setting up my walls, but Its driving me crazy because in maya it is showing multiple udims.   

Is there any way I can share this simple obj here?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sorry i meant in substance i tick on 'use uv tile workflow' ImportSubstancePainter.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

and to model the road i took a plane and extruded it along a curve,  then took the edges of the road and extruded them up to make the walls.  i detached them, in uv editor i clicked Unitize, then Move and Sew.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources