• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

HELP NEEDED URGENTLY! Substance Painter Not Responding in Iray Warmup, Critical Error, and CTDs

New Here ,
Oct 23, 2021 Oct 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am hoping someone here will be able to help me with my issue.  

I am having problems texturing models that are rather complex, however, my computer is more than above the minimum specs for substance painter and I am now getting a a tad bit perturbed at what is happening and has been for about the last month.  This shows my resolve to try to solve it on my own, and I am at my witts end with the problem.

First of all, my computer is a Ryzen 9th Generation 12 core 3.8ghz processor @4.2ghz.   My Graphic card is a RTX 2080ti 11gb, and I have 32gb of RAM on my windows 10 system which I am using to try to be able to render from Substance Painter.

Substance Painter randomly crashes to Desktop, and I have to texture several pieces and save every few moments or I'm afraid I'll loose alot of work with its random crashes.   When I try to render, it goes into iray warm up, but stays there.  And I mean STAYS there, for hours on end at times and sometimes it works.   Its very rare that it works.

I have gone into the system registry and performed the TDR Delay recommendatiuons, still no joy.   I am hoping that someone here may be able to help me with this, for the last time I posted about a problem here no one helped me at all.   I find it very shabby that you pay for a program but when you need help, its good luck to you if you get it.

Please, someone - anyone, any ideas?  I have made custom materials that I have added into my materials folder as well for this project, and I am trying to develop an add-on for a game with this, and these issues have bought my producing this project to a halt practically.

I'll look forward to anny suggestions. I have attached the log file as well.

John 

TOPICS
Bugs & Crashes

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 24, 2021 Oct 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your log file shows many materials failing to load, all are in a One Drive folder.

Just a thought - Have you tried moving your assets out of a one drive folder and into a local non syncing folder, to see if they then load OK?

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2021 Oct 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I tried removing one drive.   they still state one drive in substance painter red writing which I know indicates an error.  I am going to have to retexture I guess without One Drive being on my computer. I'll report back after I try.  When I render with no textures, it's perfect.  Its with textures that give the problem, but with One Drive gone now, we'll see what's what. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2021 Oct 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay..  I realized I think part of the problem is One Drive.   That program has always given me issues with things.   I am removing One Drive, and going to reinstall substance Painter after removing One Drive.  I'll keep you posted with an update later today to see what happens.   Thanks for that suggestion. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources