• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help with using a black mask

Community Beginner ,
Apr 01, 2022 Apr 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm new to Substance Painter, and am using a black mask to put a texture in certain places on my sculpt. Instead of a clean stroke, it looks like I'm carving a chunk out of layer of paint. When I switch to a white mask, I'm definitely putting on layers of paint, which may explain what's happening with the black mask (e.g., digging into a layer of paint). I just want the center part of the stroke without the chunky paint around the edge.

How do I get rid of the chunk at the perimeter of the reveal? I attached a pic below. Thanks in advance.

TOPICS
Discussion

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I save, close, and reopen my file, the mask doesn't even work! I can't paint away anything. Is this a bug?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Figured it out! The height position property on the layer was set too low. I kept it at .5, and it got rid of the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources