• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

High DPI UI scaling

Engaged ,
Jul 08, 2021 Jul 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use painter and designer on a laptop with a 15" screen at 4k resolution (250% DPI scaling). The two programs have UI fonts that area unusually large.

In designer I can disable high UI scaling, but then the fonts are tiny.

I haven't found a settings like that in painter. Changing DPI scaling settings in the properties of the executable has no effect.

Is there a way for me to adjust the UI scale in both programs?

TOPICS
Bugs & Crashes

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 08, 2022 Jun 08, 2022

Sorry for the trouble, we were hoping that updating to a newer version of Qt would solve those issues (as seen on their own bug tracker), but in the end, it wasn't the case. We need to look back again at the root cause to figure something out. We cannot tell for now when this will be fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Mar 21, 2022 Mar 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Adobe? Is anyone going to answer this question? This issue has been raised countless times without it ever being addressed. Is there a way to control the scaling, or are you addressing the issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 23, 2022 Mar 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Interface scaling problems is something we are trying to improve. Scaling issues are very much bound to what our GUI toolkit, Qt,  permits. We can't do as much as we would like to improve this. 

Thank you, 

Kind Regards,

Geoffroy SC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 08, 2022 Jun 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But this is your excuse, last 3-4 years already. First it was bug in Qt back in 2019, and now it's Qt limitation. 
Maya also use Qt and UI scaling is ok, I'm still using Maya 2019 and I don't have problem. 
It's shame that you have superb program, top of the game, Adobe money for development, but you cannot or don't know how to resolve this several years old issue with High DPI. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the trouble, we were hoping that updating to a newer version of Qt would solve those issues (as seen on their own bug tracker), but in the end, it wasn't the case. We need to look back again at the root cause to figure something out. We cannot tell for now when this will be fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Obviously, not an answer. There should be an "adobe says go fund yourself", preformatted response.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

This is genuinely the best answer we can give right now. I'm a user of Painter and want this to change; however, technical limitations, time constraints, and new features are to be considered. 
Thank you for your understanding,
Kind Regards,

Geoffroy SC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 26, 2023 Nov 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

'tis the solution I found if anyone is still looking. Makes the UI a little bit bigger on a 27" 4K screen. And makes it usable vs way too small. Hope that helps.
painter_hdpi_001.pngpainter_hdpi_002.pngpainter_hdpi_003.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources