• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I use my older Substance Painter perpetual licenses?

New Here ,
Jan 15, 2023 Jan 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't really been keeping track of what has been going on with the Adobe acquisition of Allegorithmic but today I was trying to log in to Substance Painter to do some work and I couldn't log in since the Allegorithmic account does not exist any more and I've since updated my computer hardware. Furthermore I can't find a way to download a license file for my old 2018/2019 something Painter license.

I logged in to my creative cloud account but there are no licenses to be found there. So does this mean Adobe stole hundreds of dollars worth of licences from me or am I missing something?

The "old" painter versions have been working fine for my use case and I've had no interest in updating just to get features I don't use.

TOPICS
Discussion

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 20, 2023 Jan 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An update, I found a way to get hold of Adobe support. They have a special email set up for this very scenario. So to their credit they sent me my license files and invoices quickly after me contacting their support. Good work Adobe, thanks for support that was actually useful. I might not agree with your practices but this was good customer service. +1 karma

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 18, 2023 May 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am currently looking to find the old versions as well, that I own a liscence for. What email did you reach out to? Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 19, 2023 May 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello @GameDev_Sterling,

I think it should be contact@substance3d.com

Best regards,

Cyril Dellenbach (Micro) | QA Support Artist | Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources