• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do you adjust the frontal/rear distance per mesh?

Community Beginner ,
Jul 17, 2021 Jul 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I understand that you can adjust the frontal and rear distance for each mesh...? As different meshes might require different values in order to get a clean bake...? What's the correct process for this? Usually, I have more than one texture set (as is the case for my current project), so I've assigned two different material IDs. As a result, that's all I get in the Texture Set List - 2. But I would like to assign different values to different meshes as some bake better at 0.01 whilst others 0.1. What's the best way around this?

Thanks

TOPICS
Baking , UV Tiles

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 17, 2021 Jul 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quite sad and unfortunate that the Substance Painter forums are now here instead of where they used to be. I get the impression, looking at other threads, that replies/suggestions/solutions are going to be in short supply compared to how they used to be. 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 19, 2021 Jul 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You would typically need to use a copy of your mesh to use as a cage in this case, allowing you to fine tune the ray distance per vertex. Currently this would need to be setup in a 3rd party 3D creation app and imported in Painter in the baking dialog.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources