• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to export Specular Map from Substance Painter

New Here ,
Sep 14, 2022 Sep 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm doing a project where the requirement is to have a specular map of my texture. However, no matter how many times I try to export the PBR Specular and Glossy output, the final result is, all the maps are there except for Specular and Glossy. 

Please let me know how I can export a Specular map from Substance Painter. 

TOPICS
Baking , Discussion , Import & Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 15, 2022 Sep 15, 2022

I did not mention changing the shader.

In texture settings , add the additional channels you want. Make sure they are turned on in the appropriate material layers (assuming your materials have those channels. Then use an export template that uses those channels in its output maps.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have Specular and Glossy channels set up in your material as well as your output template?

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried doing that, but changing the shader removes/disables all the textures that I created. I even saved my textures as smart materials, created a new scene where I made the changes to shader and output template before baking the output maps, then applying smart materials, but the textures still aren't visible. Since I need roughness, metallic as well as specular maps for my project, changing the shaders removes one or the other maps during export, which is an inconvenience. Is there any way, I can simply add these maps from the output templates and if not, then is there a shader that gives me all three maps but also works with my textures that are saved as smart material?

I appreciate your help. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 15, 2022 Sep 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I did not mention changing the shader.

In texture settings , add the additional channels you want. Make sure they are turned on in the appropriate material layers (assuming your materials have those channels. Then use an export template that uses those channels in its output maps.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources