Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to install education / student version in Ubuntu

New Here ,
Nov 29, 2022 Nov 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello All,

I've tried calling adobe support and they just ended up passing me around to 4 departments that had no clue what to do, eventually the line auto disconnected.

I'm simply trying to run the educational version on Ubuntu/Linux.  It appears that I have to get that from steam (which is fine) but there's no way to apply my current license in steam.

Is there a way to activate the older vesion of Substance Painter?  My old key is expired and activating through substance3d.com doesn't work.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe products don't run on any version of UNIX or Linux. If there's an emulator for the Windows OS, you might be able to set it up that way. I don't work on Linux, though, so I'm afraid I can't help.

I have no idea about the Substance3D question. You'll probably have to ask customer support about that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes Substance Painter does run on linux, and it can be purchased from steam.

Jorge27344856xrr6_0-1669782858980.png

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1775390/Substance_3D_Painter_2022/

The question is why is how can I use my substance painter account from adobe and apply it in steam.  This is so confusing that even their tech support doesn't know what's going on. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

do you have a substance 3d account?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, yes I do have an account.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2022 Nov 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The .key file I saved from before is now expired and I don't know how to get a new one.  The method to activate via substance3d.com doesn't work it just errors out.

If I get the program via steam, I will have to purchase substance painter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 30, 2022 Nov 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

i don't know what else you can other than follow the appropriate section in document linked in my previous message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources