• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is it possible to update the mesh while retaining 2D UV positioning of all strokes?

New Here ,
Jul 12, 2021 Jul 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had to make proportional changes to my mesh but I did not change the UVs at all. So I want all the texturing in my SP project to retain its current 2D/UV space positioning however it gets all moved around when I update the mesh regardless of wether I check to reporject strokes or not.

TOPICS
Discussion , Import & Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm guessing this is to do with how SP saves strokes in 3D space. So I guess I need a way to sort of bake 3D strokes into 2D space. Is that possible?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The re-projection is based on the bounding box you had with that mesh prior, and anything done within the 3D viewport. All strokes made in the 2D view wont re-project, and if you changed the bounding box of the mesh the strokes will not match up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, basically I was hoping there is a way to convert all the 3D data to 2D data because I don't actually want to reproject anything. As I said the UVs are exactly the same, so I want all the stroke data to stay where it is on the UV map. 

If I can't do that I guess I'm gonna have to export all the layers from the original project out and then bring them back into the new project as texture layers...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the UVs are 100% the same, make a Smart Material from your layer stack, then make a new project with the mesh and apply it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

O, that sounds promising. Will try later. Cheers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 19, 2021 Jul 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Didn't work, get exact same results as when I just load the new mesh into the original project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources