• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is it possible to use projection tool with an alpha map?

Explorer ,
Jul 05, 2021 Jul 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I would like to know if it's possible to use the projection tool with an alpha map?

I'll use it with color only it work great but if I'll add a roughness it's make a  shiny square over and not the decal like with color only.

It would be really good, if my substance that I am trying to paint in projection mode, allowed an alpha channel. It would work in the same way that the stencil does in brush mode, but be aligned with the projection material. Unless there is some way of doing this already that I'll forgot to do?

How I'll can solve this problem?

Thanks by advance for the advice.

Best regard

TOPICS
Discussion

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In your material parameters in your brush settings when in projection mode, in the Channels Mapping rollout, you have a slot called Mask. This will mask the whole material. If you want this to be setup automatically in your custom materials, make sure to add an output with the usage "channels_Alpha".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the response.

I'll don't see this slot and parameter.

I'll use only a add layer and in material projection I'll dont see anything like you tell me.

Must I'll create an opacity channel?...Strange it's located in unsuported by shader why?

Thanks by advance for your help.

Best regard

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In fact I'll create a layer

Go to projection mode>put my texture in base color

If I'll stay with base color only it work great but if I'll had a roughness when I'll project it make a square with this roughness.

I'll try to found the mapping channel I'll don't see it.

Thanks by advance for the help.

Best regard.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 14, 2021 Jul 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello,

I'll try to make a projection with one texture and a roughness but I'll can't find the Channels Mapping rollout and I'll can't make a mask.

Could you explain the procedure I'll really don't understand.

I'll create a layer

Go to projection mode>put my texture in base color

If I'll stay with base color only it work great but if I'll had a roughness when I'll project it make a square with this roughness.

I'll try to found the mapping channel I'll don't see it.

Thanks by advance for the help.

Best regard

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources