• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Issue with particle brushes.

New Here ,
Jul 27, 2021 Jul 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, so clearly I have not got a clue what I am doing, as when I try to use a particle brush while painting, the particles run off into odd directions as though they have a mind of their own.

If you look at the image you will see that it seems to form circular motions, but there is nothing on the model or uv's that allign to this pattern at all. It is just flat.

Particleissue.png

 

How does the particle decide it's gravity to follow this pattern and what setup am I missing?

I have tried to find tutorials on particle brushes but all I can find are videos of people using them and it seemingly working. Sorry if it is a silly question.

Thanks for your time.

TOPICS
Bugs & Crashes

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can access the physics settings in properties

2021-07-28_00-16-38.jpg

Check gravity is not too low (default is 1). As a test, you can try temporarily turning the Normal Factor from 1 to 0 and see if it resolves the issue. If it does, it points to an issue with the normals of your model.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the reply,

Unfortunately the brush I am using does not have the majority of those options including gravity. I did try a different particle brush to check this however and it still does the same odd pattern regardless.

I also turned the Normal Factor to 0 to no success.

Here is another image of the problem if it helps. For some reason the particles are creating circles even though the UV's are just flat rectangles.

LilRobotIssue.png

 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 28, 2021 Jul 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The only way I could replicate that was either:

Exporting a single mesh from Blender with the Subdivision Modifier exported as fbx rather than being applied on export.

or

Exporting a High and Low poly mesh with extreme differences and baking the high to the low. (as an example a hi poly sphere onto a cube). The bake was poor and the result was a cube with strange surface reflections but see below.

In both those cases, of poor practice, the rendered surface was extremely distorted compared to the wire frame surface , which in turn distorted the particle brush into similar patterns that you are seeing.

You might want to go back and take a look at your export/import and baking settings.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources