Certainly an easy on for u guyz :
- My object is composed of 1 CUBE and 6 cones : all separated
- I apply 1 different material to each object using the "Mask selection in Material layers"
- ISSUE : all 7 objects end up receiveing the last material of the last layer !!!
Any clue ?
Thx in advance
Hi all are in the same Texture Set, then indeed the geometry mask per layer is the good option other wise in your modeling app, create different Texture Sets by applying different materials.
So if you apply on mesh part A a material 1, bottom layer and then mesh parts A, B, C with material B, of course B will be on top of A, top layer.
You need to hide A on the top layer.
If not this is a bug and then you can share in pm your project with a log file.
Thx for the answer...though I am late in answering myself 😉
Sorry, I am very new to Substance.. I was tryyng to follow the 3 steps rollerskates tutorial.
Your answer is a bit confusing for me : What I understand, is that I need to hide the last material in the stack (upper in heirarchy) in order to see the material below ?
This I get, but what I don't understand is : just like in the rollerskate tutorial, I would like to be able to SEE the "final result" of the different textures applied to the object and its components.
- Each time I hide a layer with a texture, all the objects and components are textured. : OK
- then I activate "mask" on visible layer : unselected object components are "greyed" : OK
- But when I deactivate the "mask", the whole object is textured with layer texture.
Waht I would like :
- have different layers with different textures + Mask of previous layers active... so that I can have the final result I would expect
what do u think ?
Thx in advance
>- But when I deactivate the "mask", the whole object is textured with layer texture.
if you apply a new texture layer on top of the other ones applied to all parts, then it will cover all the parts.
For each layer you need to specify to which part it should be applied.
If you create a folder with a mask, then the mask here will be applied to all parts for which it has been specified.
Cedric : si tu parles Français, tu peux aussi m'enpliquer dans cette langue 😉