Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Licensing Substance for complete Offline Use

Community Beginner ,
Nov 19, 2021 Nov 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I've been desperately trying to find some info, but both resellers and Adobe cannot tell me how to license Substance under the new Adobe regime.

- We license Adobe CC under FRL

- We're on a network which has no internet access

- We use the current licensing of Substance, which involves downloading a license file and pointing our Substance installs to the file. This works great, but I'm concerned Adobe may have screwed things up.

My question is:

We haven't migrated to the new Downloads area under Adobe, we still use the Allegorithmic one. 

If we migrate to the new Adobe one, have they screwed with the licensing scheme that Substance used before? Will the Adobe login enable me to download the license file, and run on an offline network??

That's all i need to know. I don't want FRL for Substance, i just want to know if we renew our Substance licenses, if we can use them offline exactly as we did when Allegorithmic owned the tools.

Thanks for any and all assistance!! 

TOPICS
Discussion

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 22, 2021 Nov 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bumpety bump... anyone from Adobe or Substance with any help?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As far as I can tell it is the same licensing hassle as in the Adobe CC case. Unfortunately, I have similar problems but I cannot reach anyone from Adobe or Substance at all. Hope that this does not mean that the Substance development fades out as it happend in the case of Photoshop.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply!

I've tried contacting a load of people at both Adobe, and at Substance... also our software resellers (two of them) and none of them seem able to help. 

If they have changed the licensing system to some archaic Adobe model, then we won't be able to use Substance any longer. Just continue the way it was, a license file, and I can download it and use it on our offline network.

Looks like they've forgotten about all us users that work on offline workstations!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 23, 2021 Nov 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gotta say I'm pretty disappointed in the change of Substance's support on the forum, compared to how it used to be. Have Adobe gone and fired everyone from Substance???

Activation and licenses | Substance 3D Designer (adobe.com) 

This is the documentation, the bit under Activation Steps: Using the activation wizard.

Is this method still possible for the new Adobe Substance tools and how do I make sure my software reseller gets me the version of the suite that ensures I can use THAT method!????

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 24, 2021 Nov 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, you would license Substance under FRL like you other Adobe licenses.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 25, 2021 Nov 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there Jeremie,

I'd prefer it if the licensing was identical to how it was before: 

Like the below.

Capture.PNG

So far I've tried all forms of contact, even resellers, Adobe support, Substance Support and no one knows if it's licensed as above.

If it is still licensed like it was (above), then what package do we need to order to make sure that is what we get?

If the licensing has changed, we would require whatever licensing method would allow us to use the software in an offline network. (No internet).

I currently have a reseller also pulling her hair out over this! Our licenses expire at the end of the month and we require these tools to work!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources