• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Looking for Unreal Engine Live Link

New Here ,
Jan 07, 2022 Jan 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looking for some help setting up a Live Link that works properly with UE4. I think I missed a step in the setup process, I'm on Day 2 of troubleshooting and figured my issue was with a conflict of a previous install, but no luck. My main concern is that I don't know if I'm supposed to download a plugin for Painter anymore, or what's depreceated at this point. Please point me in the right direction.

helplog.png

TOPICS
Discussion , Import & Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 07, 2022 Jan 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At the very least I'd like to know if the programs versions at least work with eachother, so I know I'm not wasting my time. Unreal Engine is 4.27.2, Painter is the latest as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 15, 2022 Jan 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same issue. FYI the last version this worked on for me was 6.1.3 (unreal 4.24) - but now I cannot get a licence file for it so im trying to figure out how to get this going again. Hopefully someone has the answer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 21, 2022 Jan 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here.
It seems the problem is on the UE side, they did not update the plugin and it seems the issue is relatet to UDIMs introduced in last substance painter version.

Someone suggested to remove $udim suffix from the default export template in SP.
I've tried with no luck

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 15, 2022 Feb 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, the livelink was a beta feature and we have currently removed it. We are exploring it for UE5. Please stay tuned.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 23, 2022 Mar 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

How does that help people in middle of project? they have just sit back and wait not being able to do there work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources