• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Maps baking with artifacts

New Here ,
Aug 12, 2021 Aug 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to bake my high poly mesh onto the low poly. I keep getting weird artifacts on the edges of the maps, (see photos). I noticed the uvs in SP are unsmoothed, whereas they are smoothed in Maya, and it seems like the baking is happening with the hard edged uvs, resulting in the artifacts. Could that be the issue and if so, is there a solution?

Side Note: I tried baking with only the low poly mesh and still had the same issue.

TOPICS
Baking

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Aug 20, 2021 Aug 20, 2021

Thanks! I ended up redoing the uvs and just consolidating everything into 2 shells and it solved the problem. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 16, 2021 Aug 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What you see is likely due to those thin polygon strips at the bottom and the fact that you don't have enough pixels in your bake to represent it properly.

I would not split these from the main flat part of your UV, you're not gaining much in terms of UV space by splitting them and you'll get more artefacts. Also increase the resolution of your bake if you can.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 20, 2021 Aug 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks! I ended up redoing the uvs and just consolidating everything into 2 shells and it solved the problem. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources