• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Micro details not working properly after the last update?

New Here ,
Oct 24, 2021 Oct 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using micro details for certain generators with anchor points for a while now and for the most part I left every option in the mico details tab default as it was working fine as is, but now when I do the same thing I did hundres of times before I get this weird effect where the lines don't match up.

I included an image of a very simple scene: I used a hard surface texture and added an anchor point to the layer, after that I added a fill layer with a black mask and finally added the edge wear generator. In the generator's options I turned on the "Micro Normal" and in the "Image Inputs" I set the "Micro Normal" to the anchor point and I got this result. I et the same result if I use the "Micro Height" option. A couple days before this worked just fine with the same settings that I use now. (I use the Steam version if that matters.)

Not sure if I am doing something wrong or if it was the last update, some help would be appreciated.

TOPICS
Bugs & Crashes

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 24, 2021 Oct 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can control how the wear falls on the normal, within the generator, by adjusting the Curvature intensity in Micro Details and the levels in the Micro Normal input

2021-10-25_00-06-48.jpg

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2021 Nov 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also having the same issue but these controls Dave showed are not enough to get the same results the last version was giving me. Even when I open an old file, just hide and unhide the layer with these effects, it changes everything. I'd love to know from the technical team if there's a glitch, if it's a bug.. or if there's another new way of doing it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 20, 2023 Jul 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Was wondering if there was a glitch as well, In the new update, there's no "Referenced Channel" under the Image Input drop down, so I can't change that for the anchor point to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 21, 2023 Jul 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @ColleenTerry,

Nothing new on this side. There's no Referenced Channel in your project because the Anchor point called comes from a mask, therefore no channel to refer to. As long as the Anchor point used is linked to the layer and not the mask, the parameter will be available.

MicroNormal.gif

Best regards,

Cyril Dellenbach (Micro) | QA Support Artist | Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 26, 2023 Jul 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Cyril,

Thank you so much, it has worked, I'm so excited!

The only thing now that I don't have the mask with the alpha, I'm not able to use a height slider to change the height of the alpha. It doesn't seem to be available.

Thanks,

Colleen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources