• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mirrored UV Map causes symmetry

New Here ,
Jun 12, 2022 Jun 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm newer to substance painter, this is not a problem with the substance painter software, but a question to know if anyone knows a workaround to make this work. I recently bought a model to paint on so I can upload it to VRChat. The creator included substance files to work on the model, their UV Map is one-sided so everything you do will be mirrored it has half the body in the UV half the face, 1 hand, 1 foot, and 1 eye, etc... This makes substance mirror everything you do, does anyone know of any way possible that I can paint on the other side of the model WITHOUT mirroring, for example, if I added a design or tattoo, I only want it on one side, not both. I have included with the model if it helps Unity project files, Blender files, substance files and PSD texture files. everything seems to be made mirrored in all files that I've looked at. I have attached a default UV included with it so you can get an idea of what I'm looking at.

TOPICS
Automatic UV unwrapping , Discussion , Import & Export , UV Tiles

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Sep 24, 2022 Sep 24, 2022

Just had the same probom found your old question. If you havent figured out a solotion the way i fixed it. Is i took the model into blender. Went to uv editing mode then object mode. then selected all right clicked and chose smart uv project. Then re exported fixed the prob.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Sep 24, 2022 Sep 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just had the same probom found your old question. If you havent figured out a solotion the way i fixed it. Is i took the model into blender. Went to uv editing mode then object mode. then selected all right clicked and chose smart uv project. Then re exported fixed the prob.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 24, 2022 Sep 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi

I don't know why this issue was missed.
v5EA0 is correct - to paint on each side differently you need to split the UV mapping so that each side appears separately. You can do that in a separate application or use autounwrap on import. If you do it in Painter, export the mesh as well as the texture maps.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources