• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mistake in Substance Painter to Arnold Documentation

New Here ,
Nov 01, 2021 Nov 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On the page here: https://substance3d.adobe.com/tutorials/courses/Substance-guide-to-Rendering-in-Arnold

The chart at the start describes that the opacity map from Substance Painter should be connected to the aiStandardSurface "Transmission Weight" value (RAW + Alpha is luminance). This is incorrect according to the documentation described further down the page...

The correct connection should be to set the Transmission Weight to 1, and connect the Opacity texture to Transmission Color.

I hope this helps people out there!

-Michael

TOPICS
Bugs & Crashes , Discussion

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Nov 04, 2021 Nov 04, 2021

I think you are missunderstanding this, the opacity map exported from substance i think is a b&w map, so, it must be taken as it is baked, so raw + alpha is luminance takes it's values without any modifications, in the other hand, i don't see the document saying that it should be placed on the color chanel of transmition, it states that should be placed on the material geometry  - opacity value.

puchingball_0-1636093223188.png

The main difference between arnold transmission weight and arnold geometry - opacity is that weight ju

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2021 Nov 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correction: I found that it does work best if you plug the Opacity map from Substance Painter into the Transmission Weight. I'm not sure why the documentation below that suggests that it should be plugged into the Color. Perhaps someone could chime in here with a good explanation.

Thanks!

-Michael

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 04, 2021 Nov 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think you are missunderstanding this, the opacity map exported from substance i think is a b&w map, so, it must be taken as it is baked, so raw + alpha is luminance takes it's values without any modifications, in the other hand, i don't see the document saying that it should be placed on the color chanel of transmition, it states that should be placed on the material geometry  - opacity value.

puchingball_0-1636093223188.png

The main difference between arnold transmission weight and arnold geometry - opacity is that weight just makes transparency appear but the base color still remains even in 0 value, and geometry - opacity defines the object % of visibility, at 0 object acts like hidden.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources