• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Need to paint over and blend out these two surfaces.

Explorer ,
Jan 17, 2022 Jan 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure how to go about doing this operation.  I have set things up as best as I can (I asked another question here and it never got an answer on how to properly set up a UDIM based figure for painting so I did my best).  As you can see the lip and inner mouth textures are on seperate blocks but I was under the impression that SP will allow me to paint over these areas to blend them out better but it's not working.  

I have a layer set up for the Inner mouth layer and that enabled the paint brush.  I have that set to Pass Through and I THINK that worked on the last project but this time around it's not working.  So not sure what to do here. 

I NEED HELP!  

thank you

Richard 

TOPICS
Discussion , UV Tiles

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 18, 2022 Jan 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So I THINK I may be on my way.  I gave in and loaded up my Jon with mouth open in ZBrush and redid all the polygroups and guess what?  I loaded that into SP and all the UV's are showing up so I think I may be able to paint across seams now.  Now I'll need to figure out how to accomplish this in Blender if I'm going to be working my way over to that eventually as my main work application for making stuff.

Making progress. 

Also figured out how to load in the textures using a masking process so the color maps don't flood all the UV layers but now I need to figure out if there is a way to turn the lashes, brows and eye geometry transparent so they aren't in the way.  Should have nixed those in ZBrush but I don't want to start over if I don't have to so would love to know if there is a way to hide UV's/Geometry in SP to get this where I need it to be to work.

Thanks so much! 

Richard 

Jon Lash-Eyes-Brows HIDE.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources