Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No colors will show?

New Here ,
Dec 04, 2022 Dec 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there!

I'm still a student learning how to create things, but I've never had this issue before and I'm not sure why it's happening.

I created a model in Maya, created two UV sets, exported everything as an FBX file. Opened it in Substance Painter. And I want to something very simple for a game jam, and I'm running out of time, so I'll only use flat colors. So I select my color of choice and start painting... but nothing shows up in the preview windows. Nothing in the material or base color previews. I don't know why, and I'd be so grateful if someone could help me.

Could it be because of the material I used in Maya? It's called lambert1 and I did some googling and read that it can give people problems and someone suggested deleting it, but it seems I'm not able to do that in Maya, neither assign new materials to my UV sets. Perhaps there are some unsolved bugs in the newest version of it?

Either way, I try to click and click and click but no colors show up in Substance Painter... please help!

TOPICS
Color Management

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, one hour later and the color is suddenly visible, I haven't touched anything and I have no idea why it's "working" now. Maybe it was... I don't know, extremely slow?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm an idiot. My storage is too small. Problem solved! (I hope)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources