• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

NOOBIE QUESTION | All smart materials are loading white

New Here ,
Apr 24, 2023 Apr 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I'm completely new with substance painter, full disclosure, but everytime I start a new project, import my fbx and bake everything somehow all of my smart materials are loading white like in the screenshot.

I've tested it with one of the provided templates that comes with painter and the smart materials are loading fine so obviously I'm doing something wrong when loading in the asset and baking everything so wondering if anyone can she light what's causing this.

Thanks!Screenshot 2023-04-24 164554.jpg

TOPICS
Baking , Import & Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 25, 2023 Apr 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello Evan,

Thanks for the message.

From the picture you've sent the UVs seem functional, so I suppose the baking worked properly. We can see some sort of normal from your smart material working on the model, therefore I'd say the only thing missing is the color. 

Does your project have a Base Color channel? If not, make sure to add it under Texture Set Settings>Channels>+>Base Color

Keep me updated,

Cyril Dellenbach (Micro) | QA Support Artist | Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources