Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Normal maps export as if 3D Space Neighbor is active instead of UV Space Neighbor

New Here ,
Jul 09, 2021 Jul 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ive tried on Substance painter 2020 and 2021, and am trying on the most recent version... all of them have had the same issue, I prefer to have all my projects set to "UV Space Neighbor" in "texture set settings" as I don't like not having control over how textures blend between seams, Problem is... all my maps will export fine as if they are and hw they appear on screen... except for normal maps which seem to export out as if 3D Space neighbor was active instead which is honestly infuriating to me. It should export as it appears on screen like all the other maps do should it not? 

Uv padding.png

3D Space neighbor 

3d space.png

UV Space Neighbor

uv space.png

TOPICS
Bugs & Crashes, Import & Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 09, 2021 Jul 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Here is what the exported map looks like, as you can see it has those dark patches that only appear on the 3D Space Neighbor setting.  As I said before all other map types appear to export correctly. 

bad.png

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources