• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Normal maps not generating consistently

New Here ,
Jan 24, 2023 Jan 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.. I am exporting some textures for a project. Out of the three Normal maps I have exported, one is in the purple/blue that I would expect, but the other two are both orange/pink and don't look right in Blender. I have used the same export settings for the maps and I cannot understand why they are different. Has anyone come across this?

image.png

TOPICS
Baking , Bugs & Crashes

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 25, 2023 Jan 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Would you mind sharing a bit more information on your export setting and what is your general setup in Painter? I can't just guess the origin of your issue. It could come from a number of paths: color management, export format, the intensity of the normal map, DirectX vs OpenGL format, etc. 
Thank you,

Kind Regards,

Geoffroy SC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 26, 2023 Jan 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Geoffroy, thanks for the response and sorry for the lack of detail. I have tried several export settings, all with the same result. Output template is Maxwell (Metallic Roughness), tif 8 bit, 1024x1024, No padding (passthrough). I selected PBR Metallic Roughness from the presets and made sure the Normal was set to tif 8 bits. I used DirectX. I am going to redo this part of the project as I have a feeling the issue may be in the maps I've imported to work on, rather than the ones I'm exporting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 26, 2023 Jan 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Update - I spotted the issue. The normal map I had imported to work on was a .dds file. I saved it as a tif in PS and it now exports fine in SP. Thanks again for taking the time to respond to my question.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources