• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Ols Painter Shelf

New Here ,
Jul 29, 2021 Jul 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After moving to the new Adobe version I lost my old shelf. I've added the old shelf to the assets list, and it is in my assets list. When I open it in the assets window I only see some strange icons (see image). What's going on? The files are all still in the old shelf folders. I've even copied the starter assets to my old shelf and even they don't display.

TOPICS
Discussion

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 29, 2021 Jul 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These are LUT textures, they should not be placed in the materials sub-folder in your Assets folder.

You should also not touch starter assets.

All your custom assets should be placed in C:\Users\...\Documents\Adobe\Adobe Substance 3D Painter\assets with the same hierarchy as what you had in the olde shelf.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 05, 2021 Aug 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 30, 2021 Jul 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I prefer to use a different location for any assets I download or make, which is on a separate drive to the default.

I carried this forward from my Allegorithmic Painter installation to my Adobe Substance installation by just adding the top level "shelf" locationr to the library locations in Edit Settings. I have left the starter assets where they were installed by Adobe. All show up in the application shelf if I use path "All libraries".

2021-07-26_14-00-33.jpg

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources