• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Paint Layer not editable afterwards

New Here ,
Nov 11, 2021 Nov 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys this is my problem, i draw on my mesh some height information within a paint layer. Now afterwards i tried to add color but it isnt possible anymore. Is there a way to add color to the already existing height information. If not whats the usecase of a paint layer, a fill layer with a mask can do the same and is editable afterwards.

Hopefully you can help me.

Peace

TOPICS
Discussion

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 11, 2021 Nov 11, 2021

You can paint on the same layer or the same layer effect if you prefer.

Just set the brush material to height only for the first pass then colour only for the second. I painted this in two passes on the same layer . This would be used where colour and height do not have to coincide.

2021-11-11_21-59-34.jpg

2021-11-11_22-01-07.jpg

2021-11-11_21-58-40.jpg

2021-11-11_22-03-15.jpg

However - if you want the paint and height to exactly co-incide then I find it easier  to use a fill layer with mask

One more thing though, if you realise later that you want to add colour over a specific h

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can paint on the same layer or the same layer effect if you prefer.

Just set the brush material to height only for the first pass then colour only for the second. I painted this in two passes on the same layer . This would be used where colour and height do not have to coincide.

2021-11-11_21-59-34.jpg

2021-11-11_22-01-07.jpg

2021-11-11_21-58-40.jpg

2021-11-11_22-03-15.jpg

However - if you want the paint and height to exactly co-incide then I find it easier  to use a fill layer with mask

One more thing though, if you realise later that you want to add colour over a specific heght level on the mesh then you could add a fill layer with colour and a compare mask set to compare height (example below)

2021-11-11_22-13-00.jpg

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This was the explanation i needed. Love goes to you. Thanks 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources