• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Painter constantly crashes

Explorer ,
Aug 04, 2021 Aug 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello I'm trying to figure out why my copy of painter constantly locks up and crashes.

I'm using 7.2.2

My machine is a 24core AMD Rysen, with 250gb ram, and an RTX3090 with studio driver 462.59 installed.

This crash typically happens on my second monitor which is a Cintiq 27HDT. I need to paint on my asset in Substance and after I get into that, about 2-5min in, Painter locks up. 

TOPICS
Bugs & Crashes

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sweet! Adobe adds a look everytime I reload this page. Good god I hate Adobe's customer service soooo much. I realy hope the Allegorithmic guys are in here and don't get too brainwashed by Adobe's horrible customer service practices... I'm going to take some initiative and reload this page a few dozen times to get some looks on this issue. 

Hey btw, did a little trouble shooting on my own and have determined that Painter doesn't crash when running on my primary monitor. It only crashes when I drag it over to my Cintiq. As a stop gap to get my deliverable out I'll use my giant Cintiq as a regular wacom tablet to paint away in Painter.  So this issue seems like a compatiblity bug between Painter/WacomDrivers/Nvidia driver?  Any ideas on how I can fix it and get back to painting in Painter with my Cintiq?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 05, 2021 Aug 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From the log file I can see that your GPU drivers are not up to date, so I would start by that. I would also recommend using the Studio drivers over the Game ready drivers for better stability.

Did you also check you didn't had any software conflicts ?

See: https://substance3d.adobe.com/documentation/spdoc/software-conflicts-147095610.html

I would also suggest to stay polite, no need to fuss over the people here, we do our best. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 12, 2021 Aug 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm gonna say no it's not an outdated driver issue. At least it very much appears to not be that. Please see the attached screen shot. Is there some hidden driver update utility, or driver specifically for Painter, that I don't know about?

Agreed! Let's all be polite. YES I think there's a big need to fuss over Adobe's horrible customer service and software releases. They quite often pump out buggy releases and leave their user base in the wind with respect to issues. So I think it's real important to make a stink about that until that issue is addressed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 17, 2021 Aug 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

This is not the latest Studio drivers available for your GPU, if you use the search system on Nvidia website (and not Google) you will see that version 471.68 is currently available. See: https://www.nvidia.com/download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

Did you check as well you didn't have any conflict sofwtare like I suggested previously ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 17, 2021 Aug 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I was on a crunch and ended up with the bandaid solution above. I did figure out where to get the right driver and I got it downloaded and running. I've been since pulled away from Painter and have not been able to verify the driver update fixes that issue. No software conflicts here that I can see.

Thanks for following up! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources