• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Painting around a hole

New Here ,
Oct 06, 2022 Oct 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello - I'm trying to add a decal to this wheel. I've tried adding color and alpha both a fill layer and a paint layer and can't get it to stamp where I want. Centered on the wheel. If I click on the side it stamps just fine but if I click center nothing happens.

I'd like to be able to have control over roughness, normal, and height too  - effecting only the areas within the decal. It's a full color decal if that helps. 

I'm able to get it centered where I want it with a projection but then I lose control over roughness, height, normal and those effects apply to the entire model instead of only the areas within the decal.

Any advice? 

Thanks!

TOPICS
Bugs & Crashes , Discussion , Import & Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alt-Click on the side to get it onto the model as a decal, then use the manipulators to scale and position it over the centre hole

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi thanks for the reply!

Yes that partially works. I can get it into position that way, however I can't control roughness, height for just the area of the decal this way. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could add levels to the decal layer and use it to target any of the channels thereby giving you control over height/roughness etc.
The other way is to have those controls exposed in the sbsar decal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Interesting. I'm still a bit of a noob here so that might be a little over my head right now lol but I'll try playing with that a little and see what I can figure out.

Thanks for your help! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources