• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pen Middle Mouse Button not registered

Community Beginner ,
Aug 30, 2021 Aug 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Started a new job recently and I'm at my wits end for trying to solve this problem. When in Painter (and Designer) my middle mouse on my pen isn't registered at all. This makes it impossible to navigate in the software with standard Substance/Maya navigation. MMB works correctly in all other software packages as far as I can tell. Only Substance Painter and Designer are having issues.

I'm using the following version of painter with the most recent drivers for my Cintiq.

Substance Painter, version 6.2.2
Build 661 - 90395d89ce8b089bdb4bffbb6bd272741a80f04f

Windows 10, up to date.

Painter registers my LMB and RMB within the interface correctly, but doesn't register my MMB at all.

Any help is extremely appreciated.

TOPICS
Bugs & Crashes

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 31, 2021 Aug 31, 2021

Turning off Windows Ink will make you lose the pressure, so it's not the right solution.

The issue comes from the current Wacom drivers, you can downgrade them to an older version to get things back to working again. We have reached out to Wacom to warn them about the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pen Set Up:

roberte10388563_0-1630342569294.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Turning off Windows Ink for Painter and Designer solved this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 31, 2021 Aug 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Turning off Windows Ink will make you lose the pressure, so it's not the right solution.

The issue comes from the current Wacom drivers, you can downgrade them to an older version to get things back to working again. We have reached out to Wacom to warn them about the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 06, 2023 Dec 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just installed Substance Painter on my PC today (Dec 2023), with the lates and greatest updates for Windows and Wacom, but the alt-MMB combination stil doesn't pan. With and without Windows Ink. I can't navigate other than zoom and rotate in Substance Painter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 07, 2023 Dec 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @max G,

Thanks for the report.

Does it work on other software? Is it only Alt + MMB that doesn't work or the MMB? Which driver version of the Wacom are you using?

Let me know.

Cyril Dellenbach (Micro) | QA Support Artist | Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources