• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem Baking simple stuff

New Here ,
Sep 23, 2021 Sep 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello I am having issues with baking in Substance Painter, it always creates weird shadowings , I have tried all settings but I can't fix that, cansomeone help me understand why this is happening?

Looks like I culn't drag and drop the files here so let me know how can I uplaod something if needed.

TOPICS
Baking

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 23, 2021 Sep 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The uv.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 24, 2021 Sep 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To try to solve I have remade the model , remade the uvmaps, this time instead of a single mesh of banana bunches I made every single banana a separate object but yet no luck , I ALWAYS get those weird artefacts on baking I tried all possible solutions increasing padding, reducing, backface from 0 to 1 etc , always getting issues in bakign, I am kinda depressed and out of ideas now ... I Do'nt mean this is a wow item to model butI am trying to understand how to use this substance tool without errors !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you attach the files using the browse files to attach link below the posting box?

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 28, 2021 Sep 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You may want to increase the max frontal and rear distance. A value of 0.01 means that the ray will travel 1% of the total object size to find a surface on the high poly. Try increasing it to 0.04 for example.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources