• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem Creating a New Project through Python, doesn't respect new project settings

New Here ,
Feb 10, 2022 Feb 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Painter Devs,

Is there a way to have Python be able to specify color mangement settings when creating a new project  or respect new project settings that are already set in ui?

I'm writing code to create a new project using Python, our pipeline needs to have Artists enable OpenColorIO with an Aces sRGB viewport (so that color match between Painter and Unreal).  I was able to set the default new project settings by modifying the registry, however when I create a new project using python it doesn't respect those settings.

TOPICS
Color Management , Discussion , Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 11, 2022 Feb 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was mistaken, I didn't have the OCIO environment variable set correctly (wasn't pointing to the right ocio config file)  Once I fixed this new projects created through the python API were set with the approprite color config settings!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 14, 2022 Feb 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Having another issue...

The "Bitmap import color space defaults" all get set to Linear when using the OCIO environment variable, instead of what seems to be specified inside the ocio.config file

Is there anyway to modify the bitmap import defaults?

See below (ocio.config vs Painter project settings)

Felmers_1-1644864429856.png

Felmers_0-1644864387502.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources