• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Product Versions in Painter

Community Beginner ,
Nov 14, 2023 Nov 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have 15 diferent team graphics  created in photoshop that I want to apply to a 3D model of a Tshirt. Then, I would like to create 15 renderings of the Tshirt each with its own unique team graphic on it. Is there a way to do this using Substance Painter? Any ideas?

TOPICS
Discussion , Import & Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 16, 2023 Nov 16, 2023

Regarding an automation of the process, I'm afraid our API is too young to offer this kind of workflow. This is currently not possible to interact with the Layer stack through the API. With that being said, we'll certainly have updates on this topic (no promises though).

For plans about developping AppleScript dictionaries, I have no info on my end.

Regards,

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 15, 2023 Nov 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Mike,

Thanks for the message.

This shouldn't be an issue at all. You can import your graphics (.PSD, .PNG, or else) directly in Substance 3D Painter, drag and drop them as a Decal on the T-Shirt model and render the project in the Iray panel (F10).

Another solution would be to make a single render of the T-Shirt without any graphic and add the desired logos in Photoshop on the result.

Best regards,

Cyril Dellenbach (Micro) | QA Support Artist | Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 15, 2023 Nov 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cyril, thanks for reaching out!

Currently, we utilize the Photoshop method for our processes, employing photography for garment visualization. However, we aspire to transition fully to a digital approach, aiming to create a comprehensive 3D object capable of seamless integration into various stages of the production pipeline.

Our current workflow involves importing graphics as smart objects, breaking them down into individual layers, scripting garment colors from an Excel sheet, and generating a folder of color curves based on a predefined color palette. Each of these layered graphics and color corresponds to individual Layer Comp, and we output each Layer Comp to a PNG file for online use through a script.

I am now exploring the possibility of replicating this process within a 3D workflow. Specifically, I am investigating whether it is feasible to script or automate the activation and deactivation of graphic layers and garment colors, including variations such as different sleeve colors derived from a base color shirt.

Additionally, I am grappling with the challenge of color matching to our color curve palette in this 3D context.

Question:

On a related note, it would be beneficial to inquire with Adobe about their plans to develop AppleScript dictionaries for the Substance apps. This could be a groundbreaking development.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 16, 2023 Nov 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Regarding an automation of the process, I'm afraid our API is too young to offer this kind of workflow. This is currently not possible to interact with the Layer stack through the API. With that being said, we'll certainly have updates on this topic (no promises though).

For plans about developping AppleScript dictionaries, I have no info on my end.

Regards,

Cyril Dellenbach (Micro) | QA Support Artist | Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 16, 2023 Nov 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

We will keep an eye out.
Thank you for your reply!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources