Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Question about licensing

New Here ,
Jul 04, 2021 Jul 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

So I purchased a perpetual indie license for both Substance Painter and Substance Designer some years ago and had been renewing the subscription for as long as I could. It appears the updates for those products will sunset in October of this year. That all makes sense.

However, my question is, with the update to the newer Substance Painter 3D and Substance Designer 3D, can I update to these as part of my subscription and still keep them perpetually through whatever release comes by October?

Also, if I'm not keen on this new iteration can I simply install the last version before the update to 3D and continue on my perpetual way assuming I don't like the new version? Thanks.

TOPICS
Discussion

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 05, 2021 Jul 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perpetual licenses and subscriptions are completely separate, so whether you subscribe or not, you will keep your perpetual, with the last version to come out before the end of your maintenance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry what I meant by subscription was maintenance. To that end, if I, say,
want to roll back to a previous version if the new Substance Painter 3D
isn't doing it for me, even if maintenance has expired......as long as I
have my key files I'm good to go?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, I haven't done a ton of research into it but do smart materials still work the same? I have a large library and if there's any chance I lose them or there are incompatability issues I'll forgo getting the new version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 08, 2021 Jul 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Your content will continue to work. You will have to migrate it however, see: https://substance3d.adobe.com/documentation/spdoc/preferences-and-content-migration-215286925.html 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources