• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Refraction map tutorials

Community Beginner ,
Aug 08, 2021 Aug 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm developing a course on PBR materials using Substance 3D Painter.  I'm finding the tutorials offered here to be excellent for introducing most concepts.

I haven't seen anything there addressing refraction maps.  I'm about to look at some on YouTube, the most recent being about 6 months old.  I'd like to ask this community though - is there something you would recomend?

Likewise emissive materials, if there's anything you like for those.

Thanks!

TOPICS
Discussion

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 08, 2021 Aug 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What shaders can use a transmissive channel? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 09, 2021 Aug 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Transmissive is currently unused by the default shaders and there is no support for refraction in Painter at the moment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 09, 2021 Aug 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for that.

Does refraction work in Iray?  I ask because this video seems to show refraction at work in Iray.  It's a few years old though.  It hasn't worked for me, but I guessed maybe it doesn't work with the environment background image, and I haven't built a model to test it.

I also noticed that some materials I see in videos have refraction parameters.  I haven't found any that do though, and again those videos are probably a year old or older.  Can I still create a material that has a refraction parameter?  Of course I won't see refraction in Painter, maybe in Iray, or when the material is exported to another application?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 21, 2022 Aug 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Bumping this thread, since this topic is 1 year old. Do we have any updates on this? Thank in advance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources