• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Seamless Paint Strokes in Substance Painter?

Community Beginner ,
Dec 19, 2023 Dec 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I have a flat plane model with a seamless texture mapped to it. I'm wanting to add extra paint strokes that wrap around the UV - like the curve > wrap technique in ZBrush. Is it possible to do this in Substance Painter?

TOPICS
Discussion , UV Tiles

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 20, 2023 Dec 20, 2023

Thanks for the image, it's a lot clearer.

To work on tileable material, we usually advise to work with the Sample project Tiling Material (File > Open Sample > Tiling Material). However, we don't have a feature such as the Warp mode in Zbrush.

Regards,

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Katherine,

I'm not exactly sure to see what feature you're mentioning in Zbrush. Could you share some visuals?

With that being said, we have recently added the Path tool, which seems to be similar to what you described.

path_edit_move_points.gif

Best Regards,

Cyril Dellenbach (Micro) | QA Support Artist | Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, thanks for getting in touch! Not quite what I'm looking for but it's good to know about the path tool!

Here's a visual. With the 'WrapMode' in ZBrush I can sculpt details and have them wrap around the viewport so the result is seamless. I'm wondering if that's possible for painting in Substance Painter - with the strokes wrapping around the UV square space.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 20, 2023 Dec 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the image, it's a lot clearer.

To work on tileable material, we usually advise to work with the Sample project Tiling Material (File > Open Sample > Tiling Material). However, we don't have a feature such as the Warp mode in Zbrush.

Regards,

Cyril Dellenbach (Micro) | QA Support Artist | Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 21, 2023 Dec 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Cyril,

Thanks for the reply! Your suggestion works for me and what I'm aiming to do so I'll mark it solved.  😃

Thanks again,

Katherine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources