• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Separate baking looks good but combined - not!!!

Participant ,
Mar 15, 2022 Mar 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. Please help. So basicaly I have so called exploded mesh that consists of multiple objects that are positioned at certain distance from each other so that baking works better, but there are some details that when baked dont look ok. There are some unwanted indentations appearing on them after baking. But when I tried to separate this details and bake them separately (I detached them from exploded mesh) they are looking ok. So what could be the problem that they dont look good when baked together as a parts of the exploded mesh BUT when I detach them from the exploded mesh and bake them separately, they look OK? 

TOPICS
Baking , Discussion

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 16, 2022 Mar 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

guys. here i have recorded the video to make it more clear for you what the problem is. Anyone can help?

https://youtu.be/xFxbehdEu1I

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your video is marked as private and cannot be viewed. Without seeing it though, have you tried adjusting the front and rear distance settings before baking?

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have changed the privacy settings on the video. And yes I tried to play with this settings after your advice but it doesnt change anything

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 17, 2022 Mar 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone can help please? https://youtu.be/xFxbehdEu1I

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 17, 2022 Mar 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Your issue probably comes from your max frontal and rear distance. The UI shows the same number, but it isn't. It's a relative distance to the size of the bounding box. Using a large mesh will produce a different value from a tiny mesh. So you're probably getting bad hits on objects further away.
Also, it would help if you tried to use match by name for baking; there is no need to do crazy exploding like what you're doing. It's more work to set up, but you don't need a special exploded baking mesh; you can bake and texture the same mesh (https://substance3d.adobe.com/documentation/bake/matching-by-name-182256530.html). Exploding also affects bounding box size, so that it might be part of your issue.
If none of that solves it, you could also use a custom cage to set raycasting per-vertex essentially.

Thank you,

Kind Regards,

Geoffroy SC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources