Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers

Some advice on baking and texturing hi detailed models

New Here ,
Oct 02, 2021 Oct 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I need some advice in a few thing, I’m ok with substance printer, not grate, just OK, I know my way around some of it, had it for a few years, bake very low Polly meshed with high poly mesh’s, managed to get buy, now I want to step up a bit, so I have some questions, I have com across these problems before, but have always found a work around, but my work arounds aren’t working beauacese the models are much more detailed, with more parts

I have a model of a jet engine, I am going to add lot of detail, pipes, heat sinks, and so on, my test model is still very basic, as I want to figures out how to do it. When I set up the model, I would spit it into parts, with some different materials, I would “ explode” the model, dragging part way from each other, taking it into Zbrush, doing its thing and baking textures and so on. once I have done that, I would have to spend some time combining the textures onto one map / texture set , I did this because I didn’t want each part of the model to affect the other part when baking,  Unless wanted the bake shadows.  

How do I bake a model so the hi poly only affects, its low poly part, basically so the shadows don’t affect the other parts of the mesh, with out exploding it.   

What’s the best way to texture to texture a model with lots of details. Not lots of bake details, but lots of poly detail, lots of different parts with different texture sets, but having them on the one or 2  texture sets.  Also when I do add details to the high poly I generally have to up the distance of the rays witch makes the problem worse.  

The first thing I did was to combine the “base mesh into on material, bake, used marks and id maps, witch will work for the texturing side inside in SP, but then I get the shadowing affect, Eg baked lighting. I could pull the model apart textures but then I lose what the overrule look of what colors work with each other and  I would have 50 different parts across 1 or 2 maps. Then I could have each parts as a different texture set, baking each texture with on model per FBX, so when I bake it only baking itself, but then I have to spend hours and hours combining the textures. I mean i could have to combine 50 different textures onto 3 different textures sets, it would be a nightmare, and really only opened myself up to mistakes.  

I will spend a bit of time minimizing the amount of texture I uses, filling up my UV maps and having a more detailed modle with less maps    

I did google some things but the video’s I found are for people that don’t know how to uses a PC at all lol.

TOPICS
Baking

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 02, 2021 Oct 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

soory for the spelling mastakes and so on, i cant figure out how to edit the post   

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources