• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Something is wrong with bake

New Here ,
Sep 10, 2022 Sep 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. I've modelled my low poly in maya and used zbrush to make high poly. After I finished my job in zbrush I've imported my OBJ file to maya and named all of my low poly and high poly correctly. After that tried to bake them in substance no matter what I do bake is failed. Then I go back to zbrush named all of my subtools correctly then export it as FBX after that when I try to bake them with by mesh name I'm still getting bake problem with my normal map and id map. Sorry for grammar mistakes tried my best hope you guys understand my problem and help me. Thank you in advance.
 low poly has only 1 material also its a FBX
 high poly has different colors on each mesh its a FBX
I have done fix mesh in zbrush
My substance version is : Steam Edition.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

You appear to be using Substance Painter so I've moved your post from the Substance Designer forum to the Substance Painter forum where you are more likely to get help with your issue.

You say you are having issues with teh normal map and ID maps. What exact issues are you having, and can you show the bake settings for both?

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello

I find 2 problem 1 is my naming was wrong it supposed be like this handle_high but mine was high_handle I just got confused and stil learning the painter. other problem was Zbrush I just imported my low poly and high poly meshes to zbrush and renamed them properly like '' blade_high , blade_low '' then imported them as FBX files to maya. now it's working like a charm. Pretty sure you already know all these solutions I'm just leaving my solutions here maybe someone will need it. Thank you for reply have a good day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources