Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

SubFolders in assets Substance 3D Painter

New Here ,
Sep 07, 2021 Sep 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings All, 

I am moveing to SP 7.2.1 Build 1120. I have migrated my asset library over but I noticed that the subfolders are not being recognized like in previous versions.

Is there any way to get this functionality back. If not this really needs to be addressed. I have texture library of literally 1000's of images that I have collected over the years and they are all organized in to folders that are easily searchable. As it is now all the images are just dumped into the textures tab. This makes finding a set of images that go together like a color, normal, and roughness material set almost impossible to find.

Any help is appreciated.

Cheers

TOPICS
Bugs & Crashes , Discussion

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Sep 08, 2021 Sep 08, 2021

Greetings I found the solution for this. I totally missed it so this is user error. There is a small icon at the bottom of the asset window called "filter by location". Pressing this will give you access back the folder structures.

Hope this helps anyone haveing a similar problem.

Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Sep 08, 2021 Sep 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings I found the solution for this. I totally missed it so this is user error. There is a small icon at the bottom of the asset window called "filter by location". Pressing this will give you access back the folder structures.

Hope this helps anyone haveing a similar problem.

Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 09, 2021 Sep 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi great that you found your way.

I would recommend to updgrade to 7.2.3 because several issues have been solved including for the Asset Panel (previously called Shelf).

About the migrationn there is some documentation about it:
https://substance3d.adobe.com/documentation/spdoc/preferences-and-content-migration-215286925.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources