• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Subsatnce Monthly Plan

Community Beginner ,
Jul 26, 2021 Jul 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not quite Subsatnce Painter related per se.  But gettign know where trying to resolve with Adobe chat support as to why I have been charged both by Allegorithmic and Adobe this month for my substance subscription? 

Am I to manually cancel my payment to Allegorithmic?  I thought this would have been seemless when I accepted Adobes offer as things became more concrete after the recent release video.

Any help woudl be appreciated.  Think I may have to simply cancel my current paymen to via PayPal to Allegorithmic?  [which I thought wa snow Adobe?]

TOPICS
Discussion

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The plans are separate, so you need to go to your Allegorithmic account and cancel your plan. You will still retain access to any materials/points you own by logging to Substance with your Allegorithmic details.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Dave - appreciate you clearing this up fro me. 

Can't help but wonder if there could have been a little more transparency at the beginning of the process or maybe I should have read the fien print.  Anyways, cancelled my original Allegorithmic account.

Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, this is all a little confusing... I subscribe to both the Adobe Creative Cloud (individual) for $50/month and the Substance Live (individual) for $20/month.  I noticed that when I access my Adobe account, it does not recognize that I subscribe to Substance... so just to be clear here, and I'm using my specific situation as an example in terms of the licenses I own...

• To have your subscription recognized by Adobe via your Adobe Account
    • You must first cancel your subscription directly with Allegorithmic?
      • Your points will remain for downloads in Substance Source? 
        • Is this via your old Allegorithmic login, or the Adobe Login, aka, will your points migrate to your Adobe account login, or will it remain with Allegorithmic?
  • The Allegorithmic Substance Live subscription costs $19.90/month for the indie license
  • Once you've made your choice, if you choose to subscribe through Adobe, then you will see your subscription show up under your Adobe account?
    • is there a reason to go through this migration beyond having your account show up under your Adobe sign-in?
    • is this a temporary migration period to ease the transition that will eventually be a mandatory transition? (I assume, yes)
      • I'm referring to the Adobe sub as different from the Allegorithmic because the details between the Allegorithmic Substance Live package and the two options through Adobe of Substance 3D Texturing and Substance 3D Collection are indeed different in multiple ways
    • again, our Allegorithmic acount would remain in terms of points for Source, or will they be migrated to your Adobe account, and that's how you will access your downloads?
    • I'm enjoying the integrations of Adobe's other products with Substance- particularly PS and  hopefully AI in the future among others (hopefully vector support and true type support in the future)... this transition is just a little rough around the edges so far.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi

Let me first make it clear that I do not work for Adobe so cannot answer your questions on future plans etc.

I can though comment on my own experience of migrating as I was in a similar position to yourself with both a CC subscription and a Substance Indie Subscription which I decided to migrate to Adobe.

I set up an Adobe subscription at the offer price sent to existing Substance customers (mine came via email). This gave a considerable discount on the first 12 months of the 3D Collection plan, which pursuaded me to give it a go. Once I had set that up, using my Adobe account, I could install the Adobe versions of the 3D apps from the Creative Cloud desktop app. Once I confirmed they were working, I cancelled my Substance Indie Plan.

I now have access to the Adobe 3D apps, including stager, and access to 3D Assets (previously Substance Source). That access that includes the models which have been added. There are 50 points per month and these can be used for materials and models. If I had chosen the Texturing plan I would have 30 points per month and access to  materials/decals/atlases only, i.e. not the models.

When I open Adobe 3D assets I am signed in with my Adobe account and it shows the remaining points from this months 50 which, as steted above, I can use for materials and models. If I sign out and back in again, but this time with my Substance credentials, it shows all the materials I own from my Substance subscription and I can still spend the points I built up during that subscription but on materials only, not models (which is fair enough as they were built up when that was all that was available).

Adobe have stated, in these forums, that they are looking at a process for us to migrate the old points to prevent the need for a dual log in, but that does not exist yet.

I hope that helps with some of your questions, and hopefully one of the Adobe staff team will be able to pick up the others.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources