Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Substance 3D Mesh Map Baking - Antialiasing per map

New Here ,
Dec 30, 2021 Dec 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I wonder, if it could be a useful feature to be able to set Antialiasing in Mesh Map Baking separately for each map. I ran into that well known issue with white fringes at boundaries between metallic/dielectric materials in the metallic-PBR workflow (as described in the PBR Guide Part 2 ).

Due to the nature of the problem, I found, that the antialiasing setting can make the problem worse, like here in a quick example:

white-fringes-metalness-workflow.png

So the question is: if I use AA, wouldnt it be good to be able to switch off AA selectively, so that the metallic map does not get AA. I believe, this would reduce the problem while keeping AA for the other maps. Not sure, but I also believe, that the ID map also should not get AA applied, which it currently does.

Just some thoughts about possible improvements, looking forward for some discussion.

Best wishes for a Happy New Year,

Herbert

TOPICS
Baking , Discussion

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 30, 2021 Dec 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hmm, I believe the workaround is easy 🙂 - just run the bake 2 times and select the maps separately. But anyway, even if this is possible, the selective setting would be a nice feature.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources