• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Substance Launcher use with new version of Painter

New Here ,
Jun 29, 2021 Jun 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone, I am currently on build 7.2.0 - just wanted to use substance launcher for downloading materials (was quite convenient when you could just hit send to painter and it would move your materials to the library straight away.) However, trying to use launcher now will open up a legacy copy of painter, not transfer the material to the latest version. To get around this I've just been downloading materials and importing them manually.

Is there a way to still use Launcher with the latest version of Painter? Thanks!

TOPICS
Discussion

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 29, 2021 Jun 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi

Unfortunately launcher is not compatible with the new versions. This is what I do, which may work for you:

In Substance 3D Painter Settings - Libraries - I created and added added a folder on my PC which I use to store downloaded assets. I used to do this anyway as it kept my paid for assets separate from any that loaded with the application.  They all appear in the shelf together though.  After that it is simple to:

1. Open Substance 3D Assets page in a browser and, if using my old points, logout of the Adobe login and login with my old Substance details.

2. Select a material and click download

3. Point the download to the folder above and, specifically to the materials folder within it. I only need to do this for the first material in any session. Subsequent materials download to the same location.

4. In painter search for the new material and it is there to use (no moving or further importing required)

Repeat 2 and 4 as many times required to get the materials I want to use.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources