• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Substance Painter 2018 Crash on Startup

New Here ,
Aug 05, 2021 Aug 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! I've recently purchased a new comp and Substance Painter (version 2018) crashes on startup. Designer also crashes when I open a file. No error messages.
I've tried a number of things to try to fix it including checking for software conflicts, updating my video card drivers, changing to Studio video card drivers, uninstalling/reinstalling, deleting registry file/shelf. As far as I know my monitor is connected to my GPU (Display settings say both my Cintiq and my monitor are connected to the GPU).
Thank you for any help you can offer!

TOPICS
Bugs & Crashes

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 06, 2021 Aug 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried launching the application while your Cintiq is disconnected from your computer ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 06, 2021 Aug 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gave it a whirl, no go. Rebooted after as well, still doesn't run.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 18, 2021 Aug 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If even with Designer it crashes when trying to open a file, it could be comming from a few things, I suggest to chekc out our support pages: https://substance3d.adobe.com/documentation/spdoc/crash-or-freeze-during-startup-182266673.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 21, 2021 Aug 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! I went through the list before except for the last one. Tried that out, but unfortunately, still the same result.
I attached SD's log just in case that might help at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 16, 2021 Sep 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello @KaAnna,

Regarding the crash in Substance 3D Designer, I have replied to your report through our ZenDesk support platform.

Feel free to reply to my email message directly, or in this thread.

Best regards.

Luca Giarrizzo | QA Analyst, 3D & Immersive | Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources