Exit

Substance Painter Crashes to Desktop on Launch

New Here ,
Nov 30, 2021 Nov 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I launch SP, I get this...

Screen Shot 2021-11-30 at 8.48.23 AM.png

No matter which button I click on I get this....

Screen Shot 2021-11-30 at 8.47.07 AM.png

I am unable to attach .txt files so I am including links to the log.txt and the crash report

log.txt file 

crash report file 

I tried uninstalling and re-installing but get the same results... crash.

TOPICS
Bugs & Crashes

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2021 Nov 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On a MAC as well, I am running into the same exact issue. All of the other Substance 3D apps work fine when launched. I even realized today after reinstalling a few times, in the Application Support>Adobe>Substance3dPainter folder, there is only a log.txt file, no brush folders or databases, nothing. I have pending projects and I can't move forward. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 01, 2021 Dec 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Could you share your log? 

Could you try to roll back to a previous version of Painter to see if the problem persists? 

Would you also try to do a clean installation of the programme: https://substance3d.adobe.com/documentation/spdoc/preferences-and-application-data-location-14709559...

Thank you,

Kind Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. I attached the log.txt file in my original post.  Note that the file was empty and I knew that when I posted it.

2. I attempted the "clean install" as per the link you provided.  The program crashes the same as before.  A new log.txt was created but it is also empty.

3. I would be happy to roll back to a prevoious version but have no idea how to do that.  I searched the adobe site for a download of old verions but found nothing.  A link would be helpful.

4. I also previously posted the crash report, did that provide any insight to the problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 03, 2021 Dec 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

im also getting this exact same isue! very annoying indeed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also having same issue. All other substance apps are working, only painter is crashing on launch. Everything is up to date. Tried using older versions and it still crashes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 02, 2021 Dec 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We are reproducing the issue. If you want to resolve the problem to use this version of Painter, you should update your OS. Otherwise, we are currently fixing the issue for Catalina. 

Kind Regards,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 04, 2021 Dec 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

my macs too old to update from Catalina 😞  Ill hold out for a speedy fix. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources