Is there any fix for this yet???
I been using an older substance painter for months now cause I dont want to deal with going into display setting and turning off extend display to 2 of my monitors opening substance up then going back to display settings turning back on extend display to them both. This is to time consuming the last version that worked for me was 2020.1.3 the one that still had the substance logo not adobe version.
I dont think its my computer cause older version still workes fine. I would like to use the new features and not have to deal wit this.
I use Substance Painter v7.3.0 on two monitors here without issue. Both are connected to the same GPU (RTX3090) using NVidia Studio Driver 472.12 on Windows 10 (v21H1) . I get no crashes.
Well last time I posted on the old Substance forums a staff said it was a know issue and will be fix with a next patch was months ago nothing. I have a 1080ti and only one gpu so the 3 monitors are plugged into that gpu. Turning off screens in setting then turning them back on after app opens is the only fix and it sucks. or using older version of Substance painter.
I have the Gmae ready drivers Ill try NVidia Studio Drivers
did not work 😕
The same issue has been bugging me for three years now, and it happen to that I found a fix just today.
The issue seems to come from the Nahimic proccess, you need to disable it :
- in the windows search bar type "services"
- in "Services" tab search for "Nahimic service", right click on it and open the properties
- change the "Startup type" from "automatic" to "manual" (or "disabled" it works too), then click apply, close the properties tab
- right click once again on"Nahimic service" and select "Stop", to stop the current execution
- try to open SP on your secondary monitor
Hopefully it works for you !