• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Substance Painter Freezing when Launched on Second Monitor

New Here ,
Mar 10, 2022 Mar 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am having an issue where Substance Painter 3D will freeze when launching on my tablet (working as a second monitor as well). It gets stuck on a white screen that looks like the following:
Substance Not Working.png Then I must close Substance Painter, uninstall and reinstall, or disconnect and reconnect my tablet to get it working again. I'm beginning to get annoyed with the tedium. I am running on Windows 11 and using a XP-Pen Pro 22E tablet for the second monitor. I do not have this problem on my personal station that operates off of windows 10 and an older Cintiq 22 as the second monitor.

I have tried updating every single driver and trying every older version of substance painter available. I am not sure what else is left to do. If there is a solution to this problem, I'd be happy to hear it!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 13, 2022 Apr 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem with the PenDisplay Tablet and Substance 3D Painter. I use a Huion Pen Display tablet more precisely a Huion Kamvas Pro 22 "V. 2019. Every time I move 3d Painter on the Huion screen, 3D Painter freezes after a few seconds and I can't work. The only way to unlock it is delete the settings from regedit and restart it in default mode on the main monitor. This problem only happens with 3d Painter I have tried other software of both painting 2d and 3d and they work without problem. I have also updated everything both softwares and drivers. If anyone can help me I would be very grateful to him.
Thanks in advance

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 13, 2022 Apr 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SP used to have a 'thing' where it has to be started on what Windows considers Screen #1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 14, 2022 Nov 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here got the same Issue, that is pretty persistent. I'm working on window 11 with XP pen Artist 24, I tried with my Cintiq 24 pro from work and it is the same problem (so not XP pen's). Opening Substance Painter on a second Monitor Fails to launch (Freeze immediately), If launched on 1st monitor it simply cannot be moved to the other one.

I managed to temporary fixing it by changing the High DPI properties to "Override" "System" instead of "System (Enhanced)". Then it stopped working again. So I managed to make it work by switching to Compatibility mode window 8. It does launch but now my tablet is not working properly, I have zero pressure control and cannot right click with my pen, so not useful. 

I of course updated everything from windows, to painter, to my tablet's drivers. I removed Wacom's driver. Nothing works now, I'm kinda loosing fate 😞 ! Please Adobe take a look at this issue ! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2022 Nov 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi !

The same issue has been bugging me for three years now, and it happen to that I found a fix just today !
The issue seems to come from the Nahimic proccess, you need to disable it :

- in the windows search bar type "services"

- in "Services" tab search for "Nahimic service", right click on it and open the properties

- change the "Startup type" from "automatic" to "manual" (or "disabled" it works too), then click apply, close the properties tab

- right click once again on"Nahimic service" and select "Stop", to stop the current execution
- try to open SP on your secondary monitor

Hopefully it works for you !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2022 Dec 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi substance was working fine for me... I got a cintiq and it worked for a while. then I got this bug. It launches if I disconnect all secondary screens. Pls help this slows my workflow so much. I cannot find Nahimic service at all.. wonder what it is but its not on my services list

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 23, 2023 Mar 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

Thank you so much! It worked for me, I had this issue for years and you finnaly found a solution!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 21, 2023 Apr 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey,

This process really helped.I can now open Sp on my Second monitor.Thanks a Lot !!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources