• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Substance Painter is not responding after creating smartmaterial

New Here ,
May 12, 2022 May 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Painter for many years but that never happened to me before. I'm creating a material, some painted layers, some fill layers with anchors. Additionally I have opacity and emission channels in some of my layers. Material isn't particularly complicated or complex, but first problem is that Painter starts to be laggy and responds very slowly (with 1024px texture, that's not possible to be laggy at all). Second, after saving smartmaterial (I wanted to reuse my material later) it does... nothing. I'm not able to do anything more, the loading bar just under the viewport is stopping on 100% progress and that's all. Newly created smartmaterial doesn't have a thumbnail, and the funniest part is that if any of the other smart materials weren't loaded before creating my new smart material, they won't load (I mean, theirs thumbnails, but nothing can be done at this time, I can't add new materials, do anything, nothing is happening). Two or three times when I was closing the app (or maybe more like force-quit), on every part of the ui (viewport, UV space, Assets tab and Layers & Properties) black triangles appeared for a second. Don't know what that was either.

I'm using the latest 7.4.3 version (Steam) on Windows 10. My PC has very good specs and as I said, it never happened to me before (even with much more complicated projects). My drivers are the newest too.

Can't really send the file to the forum because that's a work for a client and I don't want to share it although it's nothing very big.

TOPICS
Bugs & Crashes

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 08, 2022 Jul 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello I have exactly the same problem, I am on the last update 8.1.1

I'm trying to create a smart material with inside materials of substance itself and a sewing layer, very simple, except that the thumbnail can be created ad infinitum, at this moment my substance still works but I can't no more saving, no more adding texture otherwise it loads endlessly, when I close the software no longer responds

If I try to add the smart material I made to a project, substance does exactly the same thing to me on the steps before

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources